Warren Zevon - Preludes [2LP] (20 page booklet, hardbound slipcase)
Sorry, this product is temporarily out of stock.
Following Warren Zevon's death in 2003, his son Jordan Zevon discovered 126 unreleased outtakes and demos in a piano-sized touring case. This discovery would be distilled down to the best of these recordings and eventually released as a 2CD set titled Preludes released on May 1, 2007. When the album was released, it featured 16 unreleased recordings from Zevon's personal archives, as well as six never-before released songs and a five-part 2000 interview with KGSR's Jody Denberg.
This release is pressed for the first time on black vinyl. The double LP set features all of the exclusive bonus tracks as well as a beautiful 20-page perfect bound book, all packaged in a hardbound slipcase.
While most collections of demo tapes offer a perspective on an artist's recording process and little else, Preludes casts some of Warren Zevon's best songs in a new and unfamiliar light, and they reveal some welcome new details in the process; this collection is a labor of love that fans of Zevon's work will revel in.
- Black Vinyl
- Double LP
- Exclusive Bonus Tracks
- 2000 Interview with KGSR's Jody Denberg
- 20-page Perfect Bound Book
- Hardbound Slipcase
- Empty Hearted Town
- Steady Rain
- Join Me in L.A.
- Hasten down the Wind
- Werewolves of London
- Tule's Blues
- The French Inhaler
- Going All the Way
- Poor Poor Pitiful Me
- Accidentally Like a Martyr
- I Used to Ride So High
- Stop Rainin' Lord
- Back in the Highlife
- The Rosarita Beach Café
- Desperados under the Eaves
- Workin' Man's Pay
- Frozen Notes
- Some Kind of Rider
- I Was in the House When the House Burned Down
- Don't Let Us Get Sick (Solo Acoustic) - Recorded Live 12/3/99 at Austin City Limits Studios for 107.1 KGSR Radio Austin 9th Anniversary Concert
- Discourse: Warren speaks on songwriting and the early days of his career
- Discourse: musings on mortality, song noir and The King Of Rock N' Roll
- Discourse: A chat about producers and the stark sounds on the album Life'll Kill Ya
- Discourse: Warren's take on Winwood's classic and Warren's inspirations
- Discourse: Talk of TV, movies, acting and performing
2022 New West