Peter Gabriel - Birdy (Soundtrack) [LP] (180 Gram, download)
Recorded in 1984 and originally released in March 1985, Birdy marks the first occasion that Peter worked with French-Canadian producer and multi-instrumentalist Daniel Lanois who went onto co-produce both Peter's So and Us albums.
The soundtrack to the Alan Parker movie of the same name - the tale of a Vietnam vet who harbors Icarus-like ambitions to fly - it finds Peter flexing his creative muscles free of any commercial pressures and has a number of tracks build out of elements of existing tracks from Peter's third and fourth solo albums.
The album has been Half-Speed Remastered and cut to lacquers at 33RPM, on 1x heavyweight black LP, to deliver maximum dynamic range in the sound. Vinyl cut by Matt Colton at Alchemy Mastering, mastered by Tony Cousins at Metropolis. The album is true to the original LP design, but all images are newly re-scanned. The album comes with a download card with a choice of digital download (Hi-Res 24bit or 16bit).
- 180g Vinyl
- Half-Speed Remastered
- Cut by Matt Colton at Alchemy Mastering
- Mastered by Tony Cousins at Metropolis
- All images newly re-scanned
- Limited time digital download (Hi-Res 24bit or 16bit)
- At Night
- Floating Dogs
- Quiet And Alone
- Close Up (from Family Snapshot)
- Slow Water
- Dressing The Wound
- Birdy's Flight (from Not One Of Us)
- Slow Marimbas
- The Heat (From The Rhythm Of The Heat)
- Sketch Pad With Trumpet And Voice
- Under Lock And Key (from Wallflower)
- Powerhouse At The Foot Of The Mountain (from San Jacinto)
2022 Real World Productions