Nick Lowe's 2001 album The Convincer established him as an elder statesman of rock and roll, far removed from the ironic power popper he was in the 1970s. The album arrived in a different world than the day before, releasing on September 11, 2001. These were songs for troubled times ("I'm A Mess", "Lately I've Let Things Slide") and Nick's songwriting was never sharper, with Mojo Magazine saying "Nick Lowe has made the album of his career."
For its 20th anniversary, the album has been remastered from the original tapes and reissued on blue vinyl. Also included is a bonus 45 single that includes three bonus tracks: a long-lost Lowe-original called "Different Kind Of Blue", an acoustic cover of The Shirelles' "Mama Said", and a stripped-back rendition of The Chi-lites' "There Will Never Be Any Peace (Until God Is Seated At The Conference Table)".
- 20th Anniversary
- Limited To 2000 Copies Worldwide
- Blue Vinyl
- Bonus 45rpm 7" single with 3 tracks never before on vinyl
- Remastered for vinyl from the original tapes
- Only A Fool Breaks His Own Heart
- Lately I've Let Things Slide
- She's Got Soul
- Cupid Must Be Angry
- Indian Queens
- Poor Side Of Town
- I'm A Mess
- Between Dark And Dawn
- Bygones (Won't Go)
- Has She Got A Friend?
- Let's Stay In And Make Love
- There Will Never Be Any Peace (Until God Is Seated At The Conference Table)
- Different Kind Of Blue
- Mama Said