Lucero - Live From Atlanta [4LP Box] (150 Gram, download)
First live album from the Memphis rockers, recorded at Atlanta's Terminal West at the end of November 2013
- Over 2 hours of music, 32 tracks on 2-CD jewel case and 4 LP box set
- 4 LPs housed in a beautiful 50 pt. hard-cover box with inside printing, liner notes and photos: 150g black vinyl, download card included
Look to your left. A young couple is passionately making out. To your right, two grizzled bearded gentlemen are getting drunk and rowdy, and singing loud
as hell. And don't forget to look up, because an old punk rocker has just launched himself from the stage. Welcome, you are at a Lucero show.
Over their 16 years together, the Memphis band has built up a fanbase that's as diverse as it is rabid. Ask 50 Lucero fans what their favorite song is and
you'll get 50 different answers. Among the band's 100-plus songs across nine albums and multiple EPs, there's no universal fan favorite. But the one
thing that seems to unify Lucero fans of all kinds is the band's all-or-nothing live show, and Live from Atlanta, the band's latest live record, thoroughly
Live from Atlanta is a massive, career-spanning collection of songs recorded over three nights in Atlanta's Terminal West. It's a four-LP greatest hits
collection of 32 tunes played the way they were meant to be heard, with all the distinguishing elements you'd hear at Lucero's live show - horns, pianos,
and the trademark instrument of the band's live sound: whiskey-fueled audience sing-alongs. Lucero's entire catalog, from 2000's The Attic Tapes to
2013's Texas & Tennessee EP, is represented on Live from Atlanta, which clocks in at over two impressive hours.
The album's extensive assortment of songs proves that Lucero is a band for everyone. Parts country and parts folk with an added heaping of punk rock,
the six-piece cover the musical gamut. Even the band members have varying opinions on how to define their sound.
However you see Lucero, Live from Atlanta will satisfy your needs, whether you're in the drunk couple, one of the drunk and rowdy beardos, or the
stagediving punk rocker. Whether you look towards slower Lucero songs to get you through tough times like ''Nights Like These'' or party jams like ''All
Sewn Up,'' Live from Atlanta has got you covered. It might even make fans out of non-believers (especially if they like whiskey). Because like bassist John
C. Stubblefield always says, ''Lucero loves you.''
1. I Can Get Us Out Of Here 2. On My Way Downtown 3. Nights Like These 4. Sounds of the City 5. I'll Just Fall 6. Union Pacific Line 7. Sweet Little Thing
8. Slow Dancing 9. Women & Work 10. Raising Hell 11. Texas & Tennessee 12. Breathless Love 13. Goodbye Again 14. Juniper 15. Tonight Ain't Gonna
Be Good 16. My Best Girl
CD Disc 2
1. Like Lightning 2. Summer Song 3. It Gets The Worst At Night 4. That Much Further West 5. Mom
6. The War 7. All Sewn up 8. What Else Would You Have Me Be? 9. Tears Don't Matter Much 10. Drink Till We're Gone 11. Rick's Boogie 12. Bastard's
Lullaby 13. It May Be Too Late 14. A Dangerous Thing 15. The Last Song 16. Fistful of Tears