Ernest Ansermet - Falla: The Three Cornered Hat [LP] (45 RPM 180 Gram Audiophile Vinyl)
This timeless gem is performed by L'Orchestre de la Suisse Romande, conducted by Ernest Ansermet.
This is a performance to be known as 'one of the greats.' The composition, Three-Cornered Hat was premiered by Ansermet, and with its lively rhythms, subtle narratives, dynamic development, and vivid contrast and tone-colors, this version is a masterly performance that none other appears able to exceed. The performance illustrates an ethnic taste that is rich in wild beauty in a truly vivid and dynamic way, while highlighting the lyricism of Falla's music in a sophisticated, uncompromising manner. The solo singing by the young Berganza is also worth listening to.
* Numbered Deluxe Laminated Double Gatefold Jackets
* Only 2500 Numbered Limited Edition Copies Worldwide!
* 180g Vinyl
* Mastered by Bernie Grundman
* Originally released as London CS 6224 ''London Blueback''
Teresa Berganza, Soprano
L'Orchestre de la Suisse Romande
Ernest Ansermet, conductor
Manuel de Falla (1786-1946)
El Sombrero de tres picos (Three Cornered Hat)
2. La tarde
3. Danza de la molinera (Fandango)
4. Las uvas
5. Danza de los vecinos (Seguidillas)
6. Danza del molinero (Farruca)
7. Danza del corregidor
8. Danza final
La vida breve-Interludio y danza
9. La vida breve-Interludio y danza