Eric Dolphy - Out To Lunch [LP]
Out To Lunch! was Eric Dolphy's only recording for Blue Note Records as a leader and today is considered one of the premiere albums in the label's
history as well as one of the top avant garde jazz albums of the 1960s. Featuring five Dolphy originals - including the Thelonious Monk tribute ''Hat and
Beard,'' Out To Lunch! includes the artistry of Dolphy on alto sax, flute and bass clarinet along with Freddie Hubbard on trumpet, Bobby Hutcherson on
vibes, Richard Davis on bass and Anthony Williams on drums. Out To Lunch was newly-remastered for vinyl by Alan Yoshida at Dunning-Kruger in Los
Angeles as part of an overall Blue Note 75th anniversary vinyl reissue campaign spearheaded by current Blue Note Records President, Don Was.
- Remastered and reissued as part of the Blue Note 75th anniversary vinyl reissue campaign
- Vinyl initiative spearheaded by current Blue Note Records President, Don Was, to include 100 essential Blue Note albums
- Includes special Blue Note 75 vinyl sleeve that features album cover art for 75 Blue Note titles
- First run of vinyl to include Blue Note 75th logo on back of package
- Key to the Blue Note 75th anniversary vinyl reissue campaign is to creation of high quality audio at an affordable price
- All year long Blue Note will celebrate their iconic artists and the history of the label with various events, digital initiatives, vinyl campaigns and more.
1- ''Hat And Beard''
2- ''Something Sweet, Something Tender''
1- ''Out To Lunch''
2- ''Straight Up And Down''