Ennio Morricone - Themes: Psycho [2LP] (LIMITED 'BLACK CLOUDS' 180 Gram Audiophile Vinyl, 4 pg insert, gatefold with red-spot varnish, numbered to 1500)
* 180 GRAM AUDIOPHILE VINYL
* GATEFOLD SLEEVE WITH RED-SPOT VARNISH ON THE OUTSIDE AND IMAGES OF ICONIC MOVIE POSTERS ON THE INSIDE
* INCLUDING 4-PAGE INSERT WITH LINER NOTES BY CLAUDIO FUIANO
* A SELECTION OF DEFINING MORRICONE SONGS FEATURED IN CLASSIC DARK THRILLER & HORROR MOVIES LIKE A QUIET PLACE IN THE COUNTRY, THE SECRET, COPKILLER A.O.
* PART OF THE MORRICONE THEMES COLLECTION
* THE SPINES OF THE FIVE TITLES FORM ONE IMAGE TOGETHER
* LIMITED EDITION OF 1500 INDIVIDUALLY NUMBERED COPIES ON ''BLACK CLOUDS'' COLORED VINYL
Psycho is part of the Ennio Morricone Themes series, a unique collection of the greatest scores ‘The Maestro’ composed for movies over the past 70 years, divided into different themes.
Starting 70 years ago as an arranger for the piece Mamma Bianca, Ennio Morricone is the emperor of scores and soundtracks. Morricone has always been a huge influence for the likes of Hans Zimmer, Danger Mouse, Muse, Metallica and many more artists. He’s one of the most successful composers of all-time, selling over 70 million records and winning dozens of awards.
Psycho is dedicated to Morricone’s work with Italian directors spanning the late 1960’s up to the 1980’s. These scores accompany some darkly dramatic films, some veering into the realms of horror. The music highlights the psychological tension within the films and contrasts with his work in the United States during the same era. This is Morricone where he feels truly at home, working with the nuances and drama of the Italian psyche as laid bare by Italian film makers.
Psycho is available as a limited edition of 1500 individually numbered copies on ''Black Clouds'' colored vinyl. The package includes a 4-page insert with liner notes written by Claudio Fuiano.
2022 Music On Vinyl