Ennio Morricone - Themes: Giallo [2LP] (LIMITED 'BLOODY & BLACK MARBLED' 180 Gram Audiophile Vinyl, 4 pg insert, gatefold with silver foil spot varnish, numbered to 1500)
- 180 gram audiophile vinyl
- Gatefold sleeve with silver foil spot varnish on the outside and images of iconic movie posters on the inside
- Including 4-page booklet with liner notes by Claude Fuiano
- A selection of defining Morricone songs featured in classic “Giallo” movies; Forbidden Photos Of A Lady Above Suspicion, Short Night of Glass Dolls and The Cat o' Nine Tails a.o.
- Part of the Morricone Themes collection
- The spines of the five titles form one image together
- Limited Bloody & Black Marbled Colored vinyl
Giallo is part of the Ennio Morricone Themes series, a unique collection of the greatest scores 'The Maestro' has composed for movies over the past 70 years, divided into different themes.
Starting 70 years ago as an arranger for the piece Mamma Bianca, Ennio Morricone is the emperor of scores and soundtracks. Morricone has always been a huge influence for the likes of Hans Zimmer, Danger Mouse, Muse, Metallica and many more musicians. He was one of the most successful composers of all-time, selling over 70 million records and winning dozens of awards.
When we think of 1960's Italian pulp cinema, the Spaghetti Western is the genre that comes to mind. However, Italy was responsible for another classic cinematic exploitation movement around the same time, one that is equally as compelling, but less widely recognized. Giallo, meaning 'yellow', is the Italian term for crime fiction, it was named after the bright yellow colours of early pulp fiction paperbacks. Film audiences adopted it as the name for a peculiarly Italian sub-genre of thriller cinema that had its heyday in the 1970's - just as the Spaghetti Western movement was waning. The Giallo can be difficult to define, but essentially it is an Italian crime film that draws from a pool of common themes: stylized murders, amateur sleuths, sleazy glamour, psychological crimes, enigmatic titles and all these themes are underpinned by creepily atmospheric Ennio Morricone music scores.
Giallo is available as an At The Movies Shop exclusive edition of 250 individually numbered copies on “Bloody & Black Marbled” coloured vinyl. The package includes a 4-page booklet with liner notes written by Claudio Fuiano.
2022 Music On Vinyl