‘A Hot Summer Night’ was recorded live on 6th August 1983, at the Pacific Amphitheatre in Costa Mesa, CA, with an audience of 18,000 fans, during the second-leg of Donna Summer’s 1983 ‘Hard For The Money’ tour, which supported the recently released ‘She Works Hard For The Money’ album.
This is the concert’s debut Audio-only release and therefore the makes its official release on Vinyl, making it a perfect sequel to 1978’s ‘Live And More’.
The set-list includes ‘MacArthur Park’, ‘Love Is In Control...’, ‘Bad Girls’ Medley, ‘On The Radio’ and ‘Last Dance’, as well as performances with special guests Musical Youth, her sisters Dara and Mary Ellen on an extended showpiece version of ‘Woman’, as well as closing the show with her eldest daughter Mimi, performing ‘State Of Independence’.
The essay by noted US writer Christian John Wikane, includes newly conducted interviews with film director Brian Grant, executive producer Len R. Epand and internationally renowned choreographer, Dame Arlene Phillips.
2. MacArthur Park
3. Love Is In Control (Finger On The Trigger)
4. Unconditional Love (featuring Musical Youth)
2. Don't Cry For Me Argentina
3. On The Radio
4. Forgive Me
1. Sisters Dialogue: One Night Only/Stop In The Name Of Love
2. Woman (with Band introductions)
3. ‘Bad Girls' Medley: Dim All The Lights/Sunset People/Bad Girls/Hot Stuff
1. Last Dance
2. She Works Hard For The Money
3. State Of Independence (with Mimi)
2020 Driven By The Music