Jimi Hendrix Experience - Axis: Bold As Love (Rediscover Jigsaw Puzzle)
300 piece double sided puzzle with the front & back original album cover art. For a generation that came of age with rock & roll, the covers of the era’s classic albums were more than just cardboard that protected the vinyl inside…they were part of the experience. Indelible works of 20th century art, those 12-inch-by-12-inch canvasses brought fans closer to the musicians and their sensibilities. An evocative cover portrait or a cryptic illustration tipped listeners to what they were about to hear. Pouring over the fronts and backs of LP jackets…scrutinizing every last production credit and lyric…became as essential as absorbing the music itself. Some of us even bought records solely for their cover art. Now, thanks to RedisCover Jigsaw Puzzles, the iconic album jackets of rocks’ greatest eras spring back to life, one tantalizing piece at a time. As you fill in each of these puzzles, you’ll again find yourself immersed in the covers and the music that changed the world…and your life-David Browne, Contributing Editor, Rolling Stone
- 300 piece double sided puzzle with the front & back original album cover art.
- Made in the USA
- The 1967 second studio album by The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Axis: Bold as Love, is an impeccable blend of poetry, psychedelia and pop.
- The cover, designed by David King and painted by Roger Law, imitates a Hindu devotional poster. Everything about the way Hendrix’s music was mutating and evolving was captured in this vivid illustration.
- Axis: Bold as Love was one of the first gatefold covers, with front and back art blending into each other in keeping with the seamlessness of the music.
- The album’s touching ballad “Little Wing” was later covered by Eric Clapton on his Derek & the Domino’s classic Layla album.