Peter Gabriel - Peter Gabriel (2 / Scratch) [LP] (33 RPM)
Half-Speed Mastered 180g 33rpm LP!
Peter Gabriel's sophomore solo album, known as Scratch due to the iconic Hipgnosis designed cover, is available again in its original LP configuration.
Recorded in the Netherlands and New York City, Peter’s second solo album saw Robert Fripp promoted to the role of producer. The album was released in June 1978. Fripp continued to feed Peter’s growing fascination with electronics and the resulting album is denser and more experimental than the debut.
Half-Speed Remastered, cut to lacquers at 33rpm and pressed on 180g vinyl LP. Vinyl cut by Matt Colton at Alchemy Mastering, mastered by Tony Cousins at Metropolis and overseen by Peter’s main sound engineer Richard Chappell. They album covers look amazing with the gatefold sleeves utilizing imagery from the initial release, sourced and re-scanned from original artwork. Albums include limited time download cards with a choice of digital download (Hi-Res 24bitor 16bit).
• Half-Speed Mastered 180g 33rpm LP
• Cut by Matt Colton at Alchemy Mastering
• Mastered by Tony Cousins at Metropolis from original masters
• Gatefold sleeve uses art from original release
• Limited Time, One Time Download of the entire album at either 44.1kHz/16-bit (CD quality AIFF file) or 96kHz/24-bit (high resolution WAV file)
1. On the Air
3. Mother of Violence
4. A Wonderful Day In A One-Way World
5. White Shadow
7. Animal Magic
9. Flotsam and Jetsam
11. Home Sweet Home
2017 Real World Productions