Rolling Stones, The - The Rolling Stones Rock And Roll Circus [3LP] (180 Gram, remastered, limited)
180g Vinyl 3LP Set On Vinyl For The First Time!
Remastered Hi-Resolution Audio!
Includes Newly Discovered Performances by The Dirty Mac!
The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus features remastered hi-res audio. Includes newly discovered material and never before released performances here on three 180g LPs - first time on vinyl!
Directed by Let It Be's Michael Lindsay-Hogg, the performance was recorded in front of a live audience in London in 1968 and was originally conceived as a BBC-TV special.
"It was an incredible shoot, I think, 36 hours or something," said Keith Richards of the historic day back in December 68. "I remember not remembering everything towards the end but it was fun we went through two audiences wore one out it was great!"
The Rolling Stones Rock And Roll Circus soundtrack has been remixed and expanded to 28 songs and released across triple vinyl.
The show also featured performances from The Who, Jethro Tull, Taj Mahal, Marianne Faithfull, Yoko Ono, as well as supergroup The Dirty Mac consisting of Eric Clapton, Keith Richards, Mitch Mitchell of The Jimi Hendrix Experience and John Lennon. Unheard tracks by the collective are available on this release for the first time ever.
"You are about to be transported to another age: swinging London in the late sixties. The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus is a time capsule. Two days in December 1968 that in many ways capture the spontaneity, aspirations and communal spirit of an entire era. ...for a brief moment it seemed that rock 'n' roll would inherit the earth." - David Dalton
"...brings back the sleek young Stones in all their insolent glory, recalling a time when they ruled the roost." - New York Times
"The whole thing is awash with skewed period charm, with the late-'60s 'anything goes' mentality..." - The Guardian
• 3LP Set
• 180g Vinyl
• First time on vinyl
• 28 tracks
• Remastered and remixed in Stereo
• All of the original performances
• Never before released performances by Taj Mahal
• Two newly discovered audio performances by The Dirty Mac (John Lennon, Keith Richards, Eric Clapton, Mitch Mitchell)
• Made in the USA
1. Mick Jagger's Introduction Of Rock And Roll Circus
2. Entry Of The Gladiators - Circus Band
3. Mick Jagger's Introduction Of Jethro Tull
4. Song For Jeffrey - Jethro Tull
5. Keith Richards' Introduction Of The Who
6. A Quick One While He's Away - The Who
7. Over The Waves - Circus Band
1. Ain't That A Lot Of Love - Taj Mahal
2. Charlie Watts' Introduction Of Marianne Faithfull
3. Something Better - Marianne Faithfull
4. Mick Jagger's and John Lennon's Introduction Of The Dirty Mac
5. Yer Blues - The Dirty Mac
6. Whole Lotta Yoko - Yoko Ono & Ivry Gitlis with The Dirty Mac
1. John Lennon's Introduction Of The Rolling Stones - Jumpin' Jack Flash - The Rolling Stones
2. Parachute Woman - The Rolling Stones
3. No Expectations - The Rolling Stones
4. You Can't Always Get What You Want - The Rolling Stones
1. Sympathy For The Devil - The Rolling Stones
2. Salt Of The Earth - The Rolling Stones
1. Checkin' Up On My Baby - Taj Mahal
2. Leaving Trunk - Taj Mahal
3. Corinna - Taj Mahal
1. Revolution (Rehearsal) - The Dirty Mac
2. Warmup Jam - The Dirty Mac
3. Yer Blues (Take 2) - The Dirty Mac
4. Brian Jones' Introduction of Julius Katchen
5. de Falla: Ritual Fire Dance - Julius Katchen
6. Mozart: Sonata In C Major-1st Movement - Julius Katchen